Join Us For ONLINE WORSHIP
Order of Worship follows the link
Order of Worship
- PRELUDE – “How Can I Keep From Singing” by Mark Hayes – Dr. Marcin Parys (Organist)
- WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS – Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- OPENING WORSHIP – “Holy Spirit” – Praise team
- AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister)
- OFFERTORY PRAYER – Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- OFFERTORY – “They Shall Soar Like Eagles” by Laura Manzo – Trinity Virtual Choir
- SCRIPTURE READING – Luke 4:14-30 – Marie Snider
14 Then Jesus, filled with the power of the Spirit, returned to Galilee, and a report about him
spread through all the surrounding country.
15 He began to teach in their synagogues and was praised by everyone.
16 When he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, he went to the synagogue on
the sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read,
17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the
place where it was written:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the
poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to
let the oppressed go free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
20 And he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of all in
the synagogue were fixed on him.
21 Then he began to say to them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”
22 All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his mouth.
They said, “Is not this Joseph’s son?”
23 He said to them, “Doubtless you will quote to me this proverb, ‘Doctor, cure yourself!’ And
you will say, ‘Do here also in your hometown the things that we have heard you did at
24 And he said, “Truly I tell you, no prophet is accepted in the prophet’s hometown.
25 But the truth is, there were many widows in Israel in the time of Elijah, when the heaven
was shut up three years and six months, and there was a severe famine over all the land;
26 yet Elijah was sent to none of them except to a widow at Zarephath in Sidon.
27 There were also many lepers in Israel in the time of the prophet Elisha, and none of them
was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian.”
28 When they heard this, all in the synagogue were filled with rage.
29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and led him to the brow of the hill on which their
town was built, so that they might hurl him off the cliff.
30 But he passed through the midst of them and went on his way.
- SERMON – “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me: Jesus in Nazareth” – Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- CLOSING HYMNS – “‘Spirit Of God Descend Upon My Heart” & “Spirit Song”- Dr. Marcin Parys (Organist) & Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister)
- BENEDICTION – Rev. Dyan Dietz
- POSTLUDE – Joy In My Soul by Mark Hayes – Dr. Marcin Parys (Organ