Trinity UMC Denton TX Online Worship November 22, 2020 Give Thanks – YouTube
Order of Worship
- WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS– Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- AFFIRMATION OF FAITH– Vinny Thomas (Member)
- Leader: There is one God and there is one mediator, Christ Jesus, who came as a ransom for all, to whom we testify:
- People: This saying is sure and worthy of full acceptance: that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners, and was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among nations, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory. Great indeed is the mystery of the gospel. Amen.
- OPENING WORSHIP– “Forever” – Refuel
- CHILDREN’S MOMENT– Denise Davis (Children’s Minister)
- SCRIPTURE READING: PSALM 138:1-8– Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- 1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise. 2 I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame. 3 When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord, when they hear what you have decreed. 5 May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great. 6 Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar. 7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me. 8 The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands.
- THE LORD’S PRAYER
- Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
- SERMON- “Give Thanks!” – Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- CLOSING HYMNS– “Praise To The Lord Almighty” & “Give Thanks” – Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister) and Dr. Marcin Parys (Organist)
- BENEDICTION– Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- POSTLUDE & ACOLYTE– Marcin Parys (Organist) & Niko Steinmetz – Chloe O’Donnell (Acolytes)
- A LETTER FROM THE BISHOP– Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)