Join Us For TUMC Denton’s Online Worship Service
Order of Worship follows the video
- PRELUDE– Marcin Parys (Organist)
- WELCOME- Kailey MacAllister (Youth Minister)
- OPENING WORSHIP– “Desert Song” – Paul & Vinny Thomas (Members)
- AFFIRMATION OF FAITH- Apostles’ Creed
- I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried;* the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic** church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
- CHILDREN’S MOMENT– Denise Davis (Children’s Minister)
- OFFERTORY PRAYER– Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- The offering for July is for Denton County Friends of the Family. Friends of the family offers aid to women and children during domestic violence all year round, but the need continues during the Pandemic. They provide housing, counseling, children’s services, and legal services. In 2019, 4,405 adults and children received 94,065 services. Friends of the Family would also appreciate receiving $10 gas gift cards. If you want to contribute please mail donations to Trinity United Methodist Church, 633 Hobson, 76205, drop off at the office, or donate online.
- OFFERTORY– “Ave Maria” – Gail Bowers (Member)
- SCRIPTURE LESSON- Ezra 3:8-13
- 8 In the second month of the second year after their arrival at God’s house in Jerusalem, Zerubbabel, Shealtiel’s son, and Jeshua, Jozadak’s son, and the rest of their kin—the priests and the Levites and all who had come from the captivity to Jerusalem—made a beginning. They appointed Levites 20 years old and above to oversee the work on the Lord’s house. 9 Then Jeshua with his sons and his kin, Kadmiel and his sons, Binnui and his sons, the sons of Judah, along with the sons of Henadad, the Levites, and their sons and kin, collaborated to supervise the workers in God’s house. 10 When the builders laid the foundation of the Lord’s temple, the priests clothed in their vests and carrying their trumpets, and the Levites the sons of Asaph with cymbals, arose to praise the Lord according to the directions of Israel’s King David. 11 They praised and gave thanks to the Lord, singing responsively, “He is good, his graciousness for Israel lasts forever.” All of the people shouted with praise to the Lord because the foundation of the Lord’s house had been laid. 12 But many of the older priests and Levites and heads of families, who had seen the first house, wept aloud when they saw the foundation of this house, although many others shouted loudly with joy. 13 No one could distinguish the sound of the joyful shout from the sound of the people’s weeping, because the people rejoiced very loudly. The sound was heard at a great distance.
- SERMON- “A Joyful Shout, And A People’s Weeping” – Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- THE LORD’S PRAYER
- Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
- CLOSING HYMN– “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” – Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister)
- BENEDICTION– Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- POSTLUDE- Dr. Marcin Parys (Organist)