- PRELUDE– “Morning Has Broken” – Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister)
- WELCOME– Kailey MacAllister (Youth Minister)
- OPENING HYMN– “The Old Rugged Cross” – Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister)
- AFFIRMATION OF FAITH- Apostles’ Creed – Chloe O’Donnell and Niko Stienmetz
- I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried;* the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic** church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
- CHILDREN’S MOMENT– Denise Davis (Children’s Minister)
- OFFERTORY PRAYER– Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- The offering for July is for Denton County Friends of the Family. Friends of the family offers aid to women and children during domestic violence all year round, but the need continues during the Pandemic. They provide housing, counseling, children’s services, and legal services. In 2019, 4,405 adults and children received 94,065 services. Friends of the Family would also appreciate receiving $10 gas gift cards. If you want to contribute please mail donations to Trinity United Methodist Church, 633 Hobson, 76205, drop off at the office, or donate online.
- OFFERTORY– “Above All” – Clay and Sarah Flanagan
- SCRIPTURE LESSON- Ezra 1:1-11
- 1 In the first year of King Cyrus of Persia’s rule, to fulfill the Lord’s word spoken by Jeremiah, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Persia’s King Cyrus. The king issued a proclamation throughout his kingdom (it was also in writing) that stated: 2 Persia’s King Cyrus says: The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth. He has commanded me to build him a house at Jerusalem in Judah. 3 If there are any of you who are from his people, may their God be with them! They may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the house of the Lord, the God of Israel—he is the God who is in Jerusalem.4 And as for all those who remain in the various places where they are living, let the people of those places supply them with silver and gold, and with goods and livestock, together with spontaneous gifts for God’s house in Jerusalem. 5 Then the heads of the families of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests and the Levites—everyone whose spirit God had stirred up—got ready to go up and build God’s house in Jerusalem. 6 All their neighbors assisted them with silver equipment, with gold, with goods, livestock, and valuable gifts, in addition to all that was freely offered. 7 King Cyrus brought out the equipment of the Lord’s house—those items that Nebuchadnezzar brought from Jerusalem and placed in the house of his gods. 8 Persia’s King Cyrus handed them over to Mithredath the treasurer, who counted them out to Sheshbazzar the prince of Judah. 9 This was the count: thirty gold dishes, one thousand silver dishes, twenty-nine knives, 10 thirty gold bowls, four hundred ten larger silver bowls, and one thousand other objects. 11 The total of the gold and silver objects numbered five thousand four hundred. Sheshbazzar brought up all of these when the exiles went up from Babylonia to Jerusalem.
- SERMON– “Looking Forward to a Return From Exile” – Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- THE LORD’S PRAYER
- Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
- CLOSING HYMN– “Love Lifted Me” – Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister)
- BENEDICTION– Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- POSTLUDE– Dr. Marcin Parys (Organist)