Third Sunday of Advent
Order of Worship Follows Link
- PRELUDE & ACOLYTE– Dr. Marcin Parys (Organist) and Niko Steinmetz & Chloe O’Donnell (Acolytes)
- OPENING HYMN– “Hail to the Lord’s Anointed” – Dr. Marcin Parys (Organist) and Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister)
- AFFIRMATION OF FAITH– Apostles’ Creed
- ADVENT CANDLE LIGHTING– Bowers Family
- “LIGHT ONE CANDLE” – Children’s & Chancel Virtual Choir
- CHILDREN’S MOMENT– Denise Davis (Children’s Minister)
- SCRIPTURE READING: LUKE 1:26-56– Rev. Dyan Dietz
- 18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. 20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). 24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
- SERMON- “Do Not Be Afraid: Joseph’s Story” – Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- BLESSING OF THE ELEMENTS– Please join us for drive through communion between 10 and 10:30 this morning at the front of the Church.
- HYMN OF REFLECTION– “Light of the World” – Paul & Vinny Thomas
- BENEDICTION– Rev. Dyan Dietz
- CLOSING WORSHIP– “Joy, Unspeakable Joy” – Refuel