JOIN US FOR ONLINE WORSHIP
Order of Worship follows the video
- PRELUDE & ACOLYTE– Marcin Parys (Organist) & Morgan Mathney (Acolyte)
- WELCOME- Kailey MacAllister (Youth Minister)
- OPENING WORSHIP– “Oceans” – Praise Team
- AFFIRMATION OF FAITH- Apostles’ Creed – Kimi King (Member)
- I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried;* the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic** church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
- CHILDREN’S MOMENT– Denise Davis (Children’s Minister)
- OFFERTORY PRAYER– Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- The August Offering will go to First Meal, which is held at First United Methodist Church every Sunday, feeding breakfast to those who are hungry. Several members of our church buy and prepare breakfast for around 30 people needing help. The cost is about $170 per Sunday and TUMC serves one Sunday each month. Please help our church to be the hands and feet of Jesus in action in our community. You may donate online, by mail, or drop your offering by the office.
- W.S. Ryan is requesting just a few supplies this year. They are needing composition books, primary composition books which have a blank area at the top and then lines for writing on the lower half, all sizes and colors of dry erase markers, and Clorox wipes. If you are able to help, these students will benefit. Please bring these to the church. Thank you!
- OFFERTORY– Rosie Alexander (Member)
- SCRIPTURE READING: GENESIS 6:9-22 – Alicia Mathney (Member)
- 9 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. 10 Noah had three sons: Sham, Ham and Japheth. 11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. 14 So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. 15 This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high 16 Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. 17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.” 22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.
- SERMON– “Preparing For The Flood” – Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- THE LORD’S PRAYER
- Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
- CLOSING HYMN– “Forth in Thy Name, O Lord” – Tawny Rybowicz (Music Minister) and Dr. Marcin Parys (Organist)
- BENEDICTION– Rev. Dyan Dietz (Pastor)
- POSTLUDE & ACOLYTE– Marcin Parys (Organist) & Morgan Mathney (Acolyte)